Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"Mr. Sandman bring us a dream, make him the cutest that i've ever seen"- the chordettes

Hello Mrs.Zimm!

I have indeed been moved to a new class. I wish i could say it's exciting, but my new teacher just doesnt have the enthusiam as mr. Hughes. All we do is Read and take notes on THE GREAT GATSBY. It's a great book and a good movie, but i have already finished reading it and the class is only on the third chapter. I did in fact get the letter where you said you were in the hospital and i am glad you are feeling better! I also cannot wait for spring! I Miss the warmer weather wuite a lot. I sit inside way too much these days and just having a nice walk outside would be nice.

I have discovered a new passion of mine;Doo wops. I am falling in love with this genre of music! haha. My Nana gets a kick out of it when we both can sing along to 'earth angel' by the peguins, 'donna' bu ritchie valens, and 'donna the prima donna' by dion and the belmonts. Musical artists these days should be lookling in the past for some good quality music if you ask me.

I Have just finished rereading LASHER by Anne Rice. Still a good story to put your nose in. I am sorry to say this, but our school is pretty segregated these days. Kids look down upon others just because they dont dress a certain way, or because they dont speak the same way, or because they are a different shade of grey than someone else is. I'ts terrible. I have many friends of different ethnicities, but there are many other people who wouldnt even think twice of trying to befriend someone whos not like them.

It is nice to hear from you again. I'll wait for your letter!

Love,
Dana

p.s- If you Like a'cappellas or doo wops, i have some great songs for you to listen to if you wish. Besides books, music is something i love.

No comments: