Monday, January 1, 2007

"When her mother met me, her green eye'd girl was a mother to be for two weeks..." - Tim Mcgraw's Red ragtop

Hello Mrs. Zim,


I find many articles to be interesting read, specially about history. It's funny that you mention anthropology, because i have also been interested in this also. My old french sub i had in the eighth grade introduced me to it back then. I'm taking a class on it next semester in school.

It must have been exciting getting to know a different culture than our own. I've always wanted to Visit Europe and the United Kingdom. Scotland is my main interest. I know some french and sign language, but I would like to learn to speak gaelic and italian. Latin i'll learn maybe when i'm older. I Don't know if i'll ever learn chinese, it will be a great challenge for me though if I try. Im pretty good at learning languages fast.

Christmas was okay. I was able to see my Nana and talk about family with her. I even got her to take a picture with me. She isn't fond of pictures anymore. My new years wasn't so bad. I stayed up all night though, which I regretted this morning. I talked to some of my friends and my boyfriend last night. People all over my block were setting off fireworks and everything.

I hope Your Christmas was even better than mine.

Love,
Dana

1 comment:

Ellenita said...

Dear Dana, I hope you read this. If I do not hear soon, I will use your email address. Mr. Hughes told me that you had gone to another class. I hope that workd out for you. I don't know whether you ever got a letter from me saying that I was in the hospital over Christmas. I am doing fine now, and along with everyone else, I'm looking forward to Spring!!

Are you reading amy fun books in Literature now? I'm reading one called THE SHAME OF THE NATION and the author talks about how our schools are becoming segragated again. Is that true is your schoo? I think it is so important for all of us to get to know people of all ethnic backgrounds.

Hope to hear from you soon. Mrs. Zim