Tuesday, December 12, 2006

"... In some way in which the total fear of death kindles excitement, as if a battle were beginning, when indeed, it is coming to an end."- anne rice

A great Grandma You say? Thats wonderful. I am the eldest great grand child in the family. My Nana[great-grandma] has five children, thirty-one grandchildren, and eighteen great grand children. She is only 77 years old, and the list grows still. I honeslty hope she can make it to see her first great-great grandchild. That would make me happy.

I have only once met my biological grandfather, and when I went to visit him, he had lung cancer and was dying. I never really knew the man, but he seemed nice. He passed away a month later in 2002. Besides him, I have never met any of my grandfathers. My dads family consisted of my Uncle Rob, and my Far-Away Grandma. I never really get to see my dad, he's too busy for his own kids. He never has the time to call, and his girlfriend hates me because i remind her of my mother. He's never around, and this fact does not bother me. He has only caused pain in my world, and he is one less thing to worry about.

In my life, there have only been two role models, My Nana and my Bumpa. My Bumpa sadly passed away in 2001, seven days before the trade towers fell. That was the worst day in my life. He was the one i went to when my mom would brush my hair too hard. He was the one who saved me from the carwash monster and he was the one to take me in when i was six. He was the father i never got to have.


I have some family in the souther states, mainly just in Alabama. The majority of them live on Look out Mountain. I haven't been down there since i was two. I wish to visit down there again someday before i decide to take off for Scotland.

My family is Scottish and a pinch of Irish. My Nanas' mom and dad came over from scotland around the 1910's. My Nana was born right before the great depression hit america.

The paino is a beautiful instrument, but i have never been tempted to play it myself. I Like Bass guitars and violins.

Fairwell for now, I have to start making dinner before my mom gets home.

love,
Dana

No comments: